One of the rewards of blogging is meeting people from all walks of life from all over the world. I learn so much from them. I hear other points of view that I never would have considered. I see lands I’ve never visited. I witness the beauty of other cultures. And I get to connect with these wonderful people through the medium of writing. Writing is what brings us together. It’s a beautiful thing.
One of the things that bloggers do for other bloggers is nominate them for awards. It’s a way to help each other get the word out about their blogs. Today I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Mary Burris from Jingle Jangle Jungle, a wonderfully rich blog about music, artists, and the stories behind them (thank you, Mary!).
The word “liebster” is German in origin. It means “beloved,” or “dearest.” In researching the award, I have found that there is no real award. There are no judges and no special rules. However, with that said, the rewards are greater than an actual award because you create connections and relationships with some very talented people you never would have met otherwise.
There are some “rules” to follow should you accept this “award,” but from what I have read, they vary:
- Link back to the blog from which you were nominated.
- Answer ten questions about yourself.
- Give ten new questions to your nominees.
- Nominate between five and ten new bloggers (some say 5, some say 10…your choice).
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
- Comment on this post when you are finished, so we can follow the trail.
When Mary nominated me, she listed 9 questions (that’s okay, Mary, I won’t hold that against you!). My answers are in bold.
1. What is your blog about? I blog about all things spiritual. I believe life is filled with “spiritunities” — opportunities that advance our spiritual growth. Through my blog, I guide others on their spiritual paths.
2. What is your inspiration for writing? Authentic living inspires me to write.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to fellow bloggers, what would it be? Write from the heart so that your true voice is heard. Writing is an organic, sometimes messy but beautiful and rewarding process.
4. What is your favorite genre of music? My musical tastes are varied and change often. I can’t say that I have a favorite. If I had to choose a favorite, well, no, I really can’t; although, I bounce between jazz, blues, rock, and country.
5. What do you do in your spare time? Write. Write. Write. Exercise. Write. Read. Write some more. Cook. Hike. Write. Think. Ponder. Contemplate. Read. Not necessarily in that order.
6. What’s in your cup? Wuyi Narcissus Oolong tea with a touch of sweet cream.
7. What is your favorite color? Purple. Deep shades of purple.
8. If you won the lottery today, what would you do with your winnings? I’d invest it in others.
9. Share with us your social media connections:
- Blog URL: http://www.pennymcdaniel.com
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PennyMcDaniel/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/_spiritunity_
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/penny.mcdaniel62
- Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/wordsofwisdomandadvice and http://www.facebook.com/spiritunity
- Bloglovin’: N/A
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pennymcdaniel62/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/pennymcdaniel62/
- RSS Feed: Uh, can’t find it? Help?
- Stumble Upon: N/A
I nominate (in no particular order):
- Amy Young Miller: www.vomintingchicken.com
- Carrie Trip: http://dailymusingsbycarrie.blogspot.com/
- Amy Bovaird: www.amybovaird.com
- Aathira Jim: http://awanderingmindofabookaholic.blogspot.com/
- Stacey Strickler: http://comealivein365.com/
Nominees, here are ten questions for you:
1. What is your favorite song to sing aloud, especially when no one is looking?
2. Describe yourself in three (3) words.
3. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
4. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
5. Share your favorite inspirational quote.
6. What is your favorite way to unwind?
7. If you were a color, what color would you be…and why?
8. If you could travel back in time, what year would you travel to?
9. What trick do you use to break through writer’s block?
10. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to endure, and what did you learn?
Okay nominees, don’t forget to link back to this post in your post. Answer the 10 questions I gave you, nominate 5 – 10 bloggers, give them 10 new questions, and come back and comment on this post when you’re done! Congratulations!
For those I’ve nominated, please don’t feel pressured to pass this on. However, it certainly could brighten someone’s day if you choose to participate. Either way, thank you for your very inspiring and entertaining posts.